I'm running in the March 3, 2020 election for Santa Clara County Democratic Party Central Committee. I’m running to ensure our local party advocates for solutions to our housing crisis, homelessness, and transportation, while supporting candidates who will put those solutions into action.
I’ll bring a new perspective to Central Committee. If elected, I’ll be one of only a few LGBTQ+ voices and one of the youngest, if not the youngest person on Central Committee. This race will determine the direction of our local Democratic Party for the next four years—this is our opportunity to elect party leadership that better represents the people of our community.
Central Committee elections are held by State Assembly District, so you’ll see me on your March primary ballot if you’re a registered Democrat and live in Assemblymember Evan Low’s Assembly District 28. AD-28 spans the western half of San Jose (Westside/Midtown/Willow Glen/Rose Garden/Cambrian/Almaden Valley), Campbell, Cupertino, Los Gatos, Monte Sereno, and Saratoga.
Every registered voter will get a mail ballot this year. You can also vote in person at early voting centers open between now and March 3.
- Sergio Jimenez, San José City Councilmember
- Otto Lee, Former Sunnyvale Mayor
- Patrick Ahrens, Foothill-De Anza Community College District Trustee
- Huy Tran, Former San José Housing Commissioner and Workers' Rights Attorney
- Andrae Wara-Macapinlac, Current Central Committee Member and California Democratic Party Executive Board Representative
- Silicon Valley Young Democrats
- Peninsula for Everyone